Saturday, 18 December 2010

Perpetual Motion

I volunteer at my local Cancer Research charity shop every Saturday, helping out with fun tasks such as sorting through donations, pricing clothes and, today, mopping the shop floor. Now, I don't know if you've ever tried to mop a shop floor on a snow day, but let me tell you it is a never ending task. As soon as you've mopped up the last of the muddy footprints, another person walks in, tries (and fails) to wipe their shoes on the doormat, before proceeding to traipse across the floor you have meticulously cleaned. It's very frustrating. One woman in particular didn't even bother with the doormat, meaning I spent the duration of her shopping stalking her, cleaning up after her. I felt a bit like a ninja with a mop. She left after not too long, I might I freaked her out a little bit, but hey, the floor's got to be mopped!

After I finished my shift, I realised I faced the prospect of walking home in the snow without an umbrella or any other form of protection from the evil of snow. I arrived home looking like a snowman, numb from cold, shivering like plucked chicken, and raised one practically frostbitten finger to the doorbell and just about summoned the strength to push the little white button. The door almost immediately opened to reveal my 11 year old brother. He took one look at me and burst out laughing.
I love my life.

Peace out, see ya! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment