So today my dear mother decided it would be a nice idea for us to have a family trip to the Southbank in London. Yes, a trip to a river IN THE FREEZING COLD! *sigh*
So anyway, we arrived on the day of the German Christmas Market and I toyed with the idea of buying a hat in the shape of a tiger, but decided against it upon realising I would look like un grand fool.
Any Londoner will know that any tourist trap area will be lined with street performers, mainly people covered in silver paint standing very still until some little kid drops 10p at their feet, something they respond to by patting said child on the head before resuming their original position. Seriously, what a pointless job. Do you think at school when asked what they want to be when they grow up they said 'someone who dresses up like an idiot and stands still'? Something tells me no.
There were of course other street performers, including an Elvis on stilts and TWO Mickey Mice. I also happened to see a Donald Duck, minus his fake head, smoking and talking on his mobile. Thank you, whoever you are, for ruining the childhood of any little kid who was walking past. I thought it would make a nice photo, Donald's smiling head lying forlornly on the pavement, his body with an ugly bald head poking out of the neck hole standing in the background. Sadly, I didn't have a camera. Oh well.
Peace out, see ya! xx
No comments:
Post a Comment